Colon Hydrotherapy services provided at this center comply with Section 2053.6 of the Business and Professions Code of the State of California. In compliance with this Code, you must be advised: There are No licensed physicians at this center and the individual performing the session is ONLY a colon hydrotherapist, they are not a physician. This means and implies that they cannot and will not:
1. Conduct surgery or any other procedure on another person that punctures the skin or harmfully invades the body.
2. Administer or prescribe X-ray radiation to another person.
3. Prescribe or administer legend drugs or controlled substances prescribed by an appropriately licensed practitioner.
4. Willfully diagnose and treat a physical or mental condition of any person under circumstances or conditions that cause or create a risk of great bodily harm, serious physical or mental illness, or death. 5. Set Fractures.
6. Recommend the discontinuance of legend drugs or controlled substances.
7. Treat lacerations or abrasions through electrotherapy.
8. Hold out, state, indicate, advertise, or Imply to a client or prospective client that he or she is physician or surgeon.
Colon Hydrotherapy is an alternative or complementary to healing arts services, NOT licensed by the State of California. Colon Hydrotherapy is certified by I-ACT. The session of colon hydrotherapy includes the following procedures:
1. The client will insert and retract the speculum.
2. Warm water, that is temperature controlled and pressure controlled, will flow into the colon softening the fecal material via a disposable speculum (one per customer).
3. The client’s dignity and modesty will be maintained at all times.
4. All conversation, during the session, is not monitored and if the client feels uncomfortable at any time, it is their responsibility to say so. The colon hydrotherapist also has the right to refuse service or stop the session if necessary.
5. The session will last approximately 30-45 minutes.
The theory, upon which colon hydrotherapy is based, is more historical and intuitive than scientific as there have been very few studies to validate the effectiveness of the modality. However, many cultures and societies believe that a clean, hydrated colon can enhance the health of the individual. Millions of people have reported and attested to this point throughout history. Many say that they simply feel better after a colonic. Colon cleansing started thousands of years ago with the simple enema and has evolved into the present day colonic. There are a growing number of health care practitioners that believe in the concept of autointoxication that is a sluggish bowel (one that is not regular). Autointoxication simply means that toxic waste left in the colon is reabsorbed back into the body, creating problems, that might not otherwise be there if colon function was improved through non-toxic colon hydrotherapy. This theory may or may not have validity depending on whom you listen to, but we know there is an increased level of toxins in our environment and common sense tells us that anything we can do to assist the body in ridding itself of toxins should have some value.
At HEAL Wellness Center, the therapists have been trained by an I-ACT approved school and are the following I-ACT strict guidelines. You may validate this information by checking with I-ACT office, at (210) 366-2888 or go on the website at www.i-act.org.